Had my interview with the Regional Director today. Went well. I now have to meet the main customer that I’ll be dealing with. If they like me then we’re away.
During the meeting I was also offered a job in Heathrow. It would mean a job 2 levels above the one I’ve been offered but would meaning working away from home, for perhaps 4 days a week. It seems that I have all the experience that they need. They had 100 CV’s and interviewed 20 people but none were right. I was the first person who ticked all the boxes and am the ideal person for the job.
However I’m not sure that I want to go down that route. I did it for 4 years but it wasn’t right after I got married and I stopped 2 years later.
I did say that if they moved it to Cardiff I’d snap the director’s fingers off… It seems that the job could be done from anywhere but someone decided it had to be Heathrow.
Well, I flew through the first interview and was offered the job on the spot. However this has to be rubber stamped by the Regional Director on Thursday afternoon.
My present company seem to be going out of their way to screw up my relationship with some of my customers. Some people have managed to do work that was shoddy at best and downright lazy at worst. They wonder why parts of the business are struggling?
We just have to wait and see how things pan out on Thursday now 🙂
Some of you on Facebook may have seen my cryptic updates in the last few days. I can enlighten you here as people I don’t want to inform don’t know about this site.
Last week i received a phone call from a friend/business relation. He was asked to contact me by my old empolyers to find out if I was interested in a position they had available. At the time I wasn’t very impressed but said that I’d speak to them and see what they had to say. In the 2 days since, I’ve felt more disconnected at work and mentally I have one foot out of the door.
I had a conversation with the branch manager on the way home tonight and have an interview lined up for Wednesday morning. We’re both off to the race at Ffos Llas in the afternoon with our mutual friend.
I’m not sure that I’ll take the job but will see how the meeting develops, as there are a few things I want to ensure before making a final decision.
I have always refused to go back to a previous employer but would have moved back to their Cardiff office before I left the company 4.5 years ago, if the chance had been available.
Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Now to watch West Ham hopefully beat Cardiff City.